1220 Rosecrans Street #119
San Diego, CA 92106-2674
Phone (951) 265-1501
WUFI® 2D: Some constructions cannot be modelled accurately by one-dimensional simulation. In these cases two-dimensional calculations with WUFI® 2D should be performed. Application examples are:
– moisture conditions at structural and geometrical thermal bridges – especially if the hygrothermal conditions inside the structure and not only on the surface are evaluated
– simulation of joints, connections and corner details
– timber framed constructions with multiple insulation layers
– building components with anisotropic materials
– three dimensional simulation of punctual penetrations with radial symmetry.
The input in WUFI® 2D and also the calculation is in comparison to WUFI® Pro more time-consuming. As far as two-dimensional problems can be solved one-dimensionally (incl. simple approaches for ventilation and rain water leakages) the simulation with WUFI® Pro is normally easier. Generally WUFI® 2D should be used in addition and not as an alternative to WUFI® Pro.
WUFI 2D Workshop -
Prerequisite: WUFI Pro.
2D simulations are required to evaluate the hygrothermal performance at thermal bridges, joints, foundations, corners, etc. The WUFI-2D Course includes hands-on project work and practical application cases as well as information on material anisotropy and differences with 1D simulations.
tions about the workshops? E-mail
tions about the workshops? E-mail WUFI@section08.com